If my people, who are called by My Name, humble themselves, and pray and seek (crave, require as a necessity) My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear [them] from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. For now I have chosen and sanctified and set apart for My purpose this house that My Name may be here forever, and My eyes and My heart will be here perpetually.2 Chronicles 7:14-16
Jesus greatly desires for you to begin learning your authority in the spirit realm. The new land that He has given to you is your responsibility; your share like the one Jesus described in the parable of the talents. Some of us have a small portion of land, while others have been entrusted with more. The amount does not matter because each of us has a duty in the Kingdom to be faithful with what He gives to us. The Holy Spirit wants to teach you how to create a place of safety in your home where you can have shelter from the problems of the world. To have that stronghold of safety from the enemy, you will have to clear your heart of anything that agrees with the kingdom of darkness. Examples of what agrees with Satan are things like jealousy, unforgiveness, fear, envy, pride, self-pity, self-rejection, rebellion, or lust. Put all of that far away from you today.
We all need a spiritual adjustment. And the Holy Spirit is great for that chiropractic work of realigning our hearts so that we can be strong in the Lord. We must never pursue the enemy when we have something in common with him. That is folly. Today, I want to take you through the steps of taking authority in your home in a very practical way. So, first we are going to go over why taking authority is important to living the lifestyle of an overcomer. Then, we are going to learn how to plug into the power source of the Holy Spirit, aligning with His strength. And finally, we are going to enforce the tent pegs of Yahweh into the four corners of our property in the spirit realm. I’m excited to see what the Lord does in your family as a result of taking a stand against the ruler of this dark world and learning how to operate in the Kingdom of God.
OPERATING IN AUTHORITY
Believers must know and operate in authority. Jesus gave His disciples power and authority over all devils (Matthew 10:1). We can use this authority through prayer and confession. Many believers suffer unnecessarily because they fail to exercise their authority. Taking authority over your home is the first step in the process of living free that we all must take before we get authority to help others. If you have moved into a new home (or built on new land), it is important to pray strategic prayers that cleanse (remove things not of God) and enforce God’s Kingdom to operate there. Burning sage will not purify your home. The only way to close those doors is to pray in authority. My family moved into a house about nine years ago. In 2018, the Lord instructed me to start taking authority over our home. When I did, there was some significant pushback. As I walked around my property line, praying, my family experienced warfare. My son suddenly had a nightmare. And my husband’s computer started turning on and off randomly while he was on it. Finally, my husband said he heard a voice say to him, “Stop her from praying or something bad is going to happen to her.”
My husband was terrified and wanted to get a pastor to come to our home and pray. But I asked him what he thought would happen once the pastor left. I reminded him that God gave us authority over where we live, and it is our job to enforce it. We must take spiritual responsibility for our homes and our lives. Do not depend on others for your spiritual well-being. Confess the word over your life and pray strong prayers that rout the enemy. Do not allow self-pity to hold you back but stir yourself up to prayer. This is a key to an overcoming life.
Those in the Bible who experienced deliverance either came or were brought to Jesus. My point is that someone had to take the initiative. Deliverance all begins with a decision. So many believers today are frustrated with life, especially with what is going on in our world right now. We can be overwhelmed by doubt and failure. Some are battling stress and pressure that lead to emotional and physical problems. In the bible Jesus spent most of his time ministering to the oppressed. Multitudes came to hear him to be healed and delivered from evil spirits. Jesus has the same power to do that today. Friend, do not allow passivity to rob you of deliverance. Deliverance begins when you open your mouth.
Deliverance is the children’s bread. Every child of God has a right to enjoy the benefits of deliverance which are freedom and joy. I believe you will see multiplied miracles through warfare prayer in your home. The breakthroughs you will see are supernatural. Healings will multiply; long-term bondages will be destroyed; hidden roots will be exposed and eliminated; inexplicable problems will be solved; stubborn obstacles will be removed; and cycles of failure will be broken. Deliverance makes all of the rough places smooth and all of the crooked places straight. You can see the enemy routed out of your home and your life. You can live free from the bondages and oppression of demons. You can experience victory through prayer. Your words and prayers have tremendous power to destroy the works of darkness.
WHERE DO I START?
Begin by plugging into the power source of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. We confess the Word. Prayer connects us to God and allows His power to flow to us in any situation. Salvation is the foundation for warfare and a believer also needs the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Are you born again? Have you been baptized in the Holy Spirit? Believers must live holy lives that are submitted to the Holy Spirit for we are commanded to walk by the Spirit. This will assure us of continual victory and breakthrough for others. We can have vengeance on disobedience when our obedience is fulfilled. Jesus cast out devils through the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:28). The Holy Spirit was the source of His power and wisdom.
Below are some prayers that teach us how to plug into our power source. These are not religious prayers that begin to work when someone recites them. These prayers are for believers who desire to see the growth of the Kingdom of God. I would encourage you to declare these prayers over your home with your family. Even if you have been living in your home for years, today is a great day to enforce God’s Kingdom in your space.
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment I condemn. (Isaiah 54:17)
- I am established in righteousness, and oppression is far from me. (Isaiah 54:14)
- The weapons my warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:4)
- I stand in the evil day having my loins girded about with truth, and I have the breastplate of righteousness. My feet are shod with the gospel of peace. I take the shield of faith. I am covered with the helmet of salvation, and I use the sword of the Sprit, which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:14-17)
- I overcome because He who is in my is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of God’s dear Son. (Colossians 1:13)
- I trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt me. (Luke 10:19)
- I do not have the spirit of fear, but power and love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I am blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)
- I am healed by the stripes of Jesus. (Isaiah 53:5)
- You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. (Psalms 23:5-6)
- I receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness, and I reign in life through Christ Jesus. (Romans 5:17)
- I walk in the light, as He is in the light, and the blood of Jesus cleanses me from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
- I am the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- I shall decree a thing, and it shall be established in my life. (Job 22:28)
- I will be satisfied with long life, and God will show me His salvation.(Psalm 91:16)
- I dwell in the secret place of the most High, and I abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)
- I am strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16)
- Lord, bless me and keep me. Make Your face shine upon me, and be gracious unto me. Lord, lift up Your countenance upon me, and give me peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)
- Lord, you daily load me with benefits. (Psalm 68:19)
- Let me inherit the land. (Psalm 37:22)
- Remember me, O Lord, with the favor that You bring unto Your children, and visit me with Your salvation. (Psalm 106:4)
- Let me understand things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. (Matthew 13:25)
- Let the seals be broken from Your Word. (Daniel 12:9)
- Give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation, and let the eyes of my understanding be enlightened. (Ephesians 1:17)
- Let me receive an abundance of revelations. (1 Corinthians 12:7)
- Lord, lighten my candle and enlighten my darkness. (Psalm 18:28)
- Let all spiritual cataracts and scales be removed from my eyes. (Acts 9:18)
- My eyes are blessed to see (Luke 10:23)
CONCERNING THE HEAVENS*
- I am sitting in heavenly places in Christ, far above all principality, power, might, and dominion. (Ephesians 1:3)
- I pray for the floodgates of heaven to be opened over my home and my life. (Malachi 3:10)
- Shake the heavens and fill my house with Your glory (Haggai 2:6-7)
ENLARGEMENT AND INCREASE*
- Bless me indeed, and enlarge my family’s coast. Let Your hand be with us, and keep us from evil. (1 Chronicles 4:10)
- Cast out of this place all my enemies, and enlarge me borders. (Exodus 34:24)
- My family receives deliverance and enlargement for our lives (Esther 4:14)
- The Lord shall increase me more and more, me and my children. (Psalm 115:14)
- The breaker has gone up before us here and broken through every limitation and barrier of the enemy in this space. (Micah 2:13)
THE TENT PEG OF YAHWEH
The sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is called Vav, and the pictograph looks like a tent peg. The first Vav used in the Bible begins in Genesis 1, where God is joining heaven and earth. The word Vav is also used in Exodus, referring to the hooks used to hold down the curtain for the tabernacle. So why is Vav important? Well, Yahweh is a name for God, and it consists of the Hebrew letters yod, heh, vav, and heh. God is showing us through the Hebrew language a part of His character. And as a believer, you are responsible for placing the tent pegs of Vav into places the Lord takes you. After my car accident last year, God started to show me how the enemy had been given authority to work in that space of my city. Holy Spirit instructed me to go to that place and enforce the tent peg of Yahweh into that place in both the the spirit realm. So, I drove in my car to a parking lot that was close to where my accident happened, and I made declarations sort of like placing a flag into the ground that says, “This area belongs to God.” That is what God wants you to do in your home. He wants you to put a stake in the ground and take back the authority that Satan has stolen from you. The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy…but Jesus comes to give life. He will force Satan to make restitution in the courtroom of heaven on your behalf when you enforce your authority in your home.
God wants you to enforce His Kingdom in your home first, and then you will be able to take authority in other areas you go. God has given you something called a metron. This is a Hebrew word that means your area of authority. We are anointed to minister within a God-assigned boundary. When we function within our metron, we see our spiritual authority produce something. Your sphere (metron) will grow as you are faithful with what is present to you. The Bible shows in the book of Acts that disciples of Jesus were not designed to stay in a defensive position, instead they are called to advance. So, let us start learning how to take the hammer of the Word of God and use it to stick the tent peg of Yahweh into our space.
As you pray over your home, take oil, and anoint every doorway and window throughout the house. As you go from room to room, say the first prayer mentioned below. When finished, pray for the whole house, in a central area or outside, with the second prayer mentioned. You should also remove all occult objects that you are aware of from your property if you truly desire to live in a sanctified home. This means things like chakra healing crystals, sage, ouija boards, buddha statues, etc.
ROOM BY ROOM PRAYER **
Lord, you say in your word that he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I declare that this room is spiritually transitioned into your secret place and now abides under your shadow. I repent on behalf of every sin committed in this house, including by not limited to fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, coveting, drunkenness, revelry, and extortion (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). I declare that this property is no being transitioned under the jurisdiction of the kingdom of God and will henceforth receive the blessing thereof. No evil shall befall me, neither shall any plague come near this dwelling. I plead the blood of Jesus over this home and every person who presently resides in it because we overcame the devil by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. I now speak to every spirit that has taken up habitation in this dwelling place and I take authority over you according to my authority in Jesus Christ. I cast you out, and I command you to go to where the Lord Jesus sends you.
PRAYER OVER YOUR ENTIRE HOME **
To every evil spirit that has held influence over this home, I serve you an eviction notice and I divorce you from this property now in the mighty name of Jesus. If there are any hidden objects providing rights anywhere in this house or on this property, I declare that they are immediately exposed, and that all rights are cancelled, in the name of Jesus. I speak over my home and declare that it is a habitation of righteousness and a dwelling place for the presence of God. I close off former satanic access points and I decree that every portal and window of access to the demonic realm is now being shut and sealed in the name of Jesus. I declare that the Lord will now be a wall of fire round about this home (Zechariah 2:5). Thank you, Lord, that this home is now being surrounded by angels above and below and against every dimensional access point, in the name of Jesus. I thank you for delivering my house and property from the curse, for it is written that Jesus became a cure for us, and I thank you for filling this home with your glorious presence. Amen.
ENFORCING THE TENT PEG
In the mighty name of Jesus, my master, savior, Lord, and King, I place the tent peg of Vav into the ground of this property. I declare that this land now belongs to Yahweh. The Kingdom of God is now able to operate in this home and influence those around us. In Jesus name, Amen.
*Prayers that Rout Demons by John Eckhardt
**Prayers that Shake Heaven and Earth by Daniel Duval